Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Cheese woes

I've said it before, I love cheese!! And I've been rediscovering soy cheese. It used to be awful, but now it's very satisfying. It works in recipies, and grilled cheese sandwiches. And for cream cheese, I've been buying Tofuti Better than Cream Cheese and it's good. It's NOT the same, but it has the same creamy quality that satifies.

Betty loves it, but she doesn't seem to know it. It's an action speaks louder than words situation. The last time I bought the Tofuti cc, she said, "you know that's not cream cheese right? I prefer cream cheese!" But the next time I looked, both tubs were gone, and I hadn't had any.

Today, though, it's starting to snow and the store we went to isn't good for tofu products. I just had a grilled cheese with Real American Cheese. And it was wonderful. Been years since I even had American cheese, and bought it on a whim. Guess my taste buds are lagging behind the changes in my mental attitudes.

No comments: