Saturday, September 02, 2006

Partial success with Ginger Lemon Stir Fry

Last night's dinner had a mixed outcome. I've been cooking a lot of beans lately, so to get away from that I chose to make "Ginger Lemon Stir Fry" from my favorite vegan cookbook, "The Vegan Gourmet." Larry and Carolyn loved it, but Betty didn't like it. The main veggie is supposed to be broccoli, but I prefer cauliflour so I bought a pre-cut mix of the two. Turns out Betty isn't crazy about either of them. The ginger-lemon sauce was great, though. I should try it again with completely different vegetables.

Dinner was rounded out with brown rice, a salad that Larry and Carolyn brought, and vegan cookies.

I made the cookies we had last night (more on those later) but today I was watching TV and found out about Allison's Gourmet (http://www.allisonsgourmet.com/), an online store that ships vegan cookies and browies from their bakery in South Carolina. They have a monthly club too.

Looks like there's a new version of my fav vegan cookbook:

No comments: