Monday, September 04, 2006

Trying to accept the work

One of the things that I have a hard time with is the work involved in becoming vegan. I can go across the street and get a pizza or cheesesteake or a hamburger, but I can't as easily go out and get a vegan dinner. And while I've always liked cooking, it is the results I really like, more than the actual standing and cooking in itself.

I've been in the habit of planning two, or maybe three, meals a week and just winging everything else. That's harder when you can't grab some deli turkey to make a sandwich, or whip up a cheese omlette. It's hard, too, when you need to satisfy two people's needs for satisfying food.

It's slow going to change my mental habits and accept the work involved in planning and cooking more meals each week. Making that committment is the only way this will work, though.

No comments: