Friday, October 27, 2006

a nearly vegan day!

Nearly vegan and mostly healthy. Pretty good for today. I even had soy latte, which I don't like as much as whole milk.

I didn't really feel like cooking, so took it easy but cooked anyway. I did one of my standbys-- baked potato with some sauted stuff on it. Usually I put onion, frozen peas, bacon if I have it, and some cheese or sourcream on the potatoes. Tonight I used mushrooms that were past their prime and needed to be used or thrown out, onions, frozen peas, kalamata olives, capers and ended the saute with sherry and some high heat to evaporate it.

It was delish! Betty loved it. I did find myself thinking that it would taste good with some feta cheese, or goat cheese on it, but to be honest, my tastebuds really didn't miss the dairy. Only my head did.

So what wasn't vegan? Store-bought cookies. At least it was in the baked goods, and not a meal dripping with cheese!

No comments: